- EURO-CONTROLS Tiago Coutinho (TCoutinho)
- MAX-IV Antonio Milán-Otero (amilan)
- ALBA Carlos Falcon (cfalcon)
- SOLEIL Frédéric-Emmanuel Picca (picca)
- DESY Teresa Nunez (teresa)
- ALBA Zbigniew Reszela (zreszela)
Taurus is a python framework for control and data acquisition CLIs and GUIs in scientific/industrial environments. It supports multiple control systems or data sources: Tango, EPICS,... Other control system libraries can be integrated through plugins.
For non-programmers: Taurus allows the creation of fully-featured GUI (with forms, plots, synoptics, etc) from scratch in a few minutes using a “wizard”, which can also be customized and expanded by drag-and-dropping elements around at execution time.
For programmers: Taurus gives full control to more advanced users to create and customize CLIs and GUIs programmatically using Python and a very simple and economical API which abstracts data sources as “models”.