TANGO Controls is an open-source community collaborating on the development of the TANGO control system framework eco-system.
Join now! to have full access to the forum and post questions.
More than :
TANGO is an Open Source solution for SCADA and DCS. Open Source means you get all the source code under an Open Source free licence (LGPL and GPL). Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems are typically industrial type systems using standard hardware. Distributed Control Systems (DCS) are more flexible control systems used in more complex environments. Sardana is a good example of a TANGO based Beamline SCADA.
A TANGO workshop will be held as part of the ICALEPCS 2015 conference in Melbourne.
The TANGO workshop will present the TANGO control system toolkit. The basics of TANGO and how to write a device server and client will be introduced. Then attendees will learn how to build graphical user interfaces using Taurus. An overview will be given of all the bindings to tools and languages which are available for TANGO. The second half of the workshop will be dedicated to the historical archiving system solutions, how to install and use them. The last session will be dedicated to advanced features in TANGO. The day will conclude with a question and answer discussion session.
The TANGO community meetings take place each year alternately in one of the 15 institutes members of the TANGO consortium.
They group together all the members of the community with the developers. They present the last technical progress and agree on the development strategy and roadmap
The new release of Sardana is now available (source and windows installer).
The main improvements since sardana 1.5.0 (aka Jan15) are:
- Allow Sardana execution on Windows
- Allow reading of motor position when the motor is out of SW limits
- Improve speed of wa macro
- New macros dmesh and dmeshc
- Document DriftCorrection feature
- Fix meshc scan
- Solve bug in ascanc when using a pseudomotor
- Sardana docs available in RTD
- Add option to display controller and axis number, in the output from wm/wa
- Allow undefine many elements at the same time, using udefelem
- Solve bugs related to loading macros/modules
- Solve bug with PoolMotorTV showing AttributeError
- Solve bugs and features related with test framework
- Solve other bugs
The new release of Taurus is now available (source and windows installer).
The main improvements since taurus 3.4.0 (aka Jan15) are:
- support of user creation/removal of custom external application
launchers at run time (see #158)
- support of LimaCCDs DS (see #175) and improvements in the codecs
- taurusplot/trend uses the same order than the legend for exported
data (see #161)
- Fixed memory leaks in plots/trends (see #171)
- fixed many bugs in TaurusPlot, TaurusWheel, TaurusImageDialog,
and several other places
- Docs: several improvements and made ReadTheDocs-compliant
The TANGO Device Server Guidelines are now available under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.