Script for installation of tango 9.2.5 on fresh Ubuntu 16.10 machine

Hi all,

I have prepared a fully automated script for installing tango and related software packages (mysql, java, zmq+omniORB+tango) on Ubuntu 16.10 machine.

It also has codes that automatically set the MYSQL_USER and MYSQL_PASSWORD environment variables. Whole process took about 55-60 mins.

Please have a look and let me know if any thing could be added / improvised.

Code hosted at:
Tango installation script

AstroBlogWeb
And what about ?

apt-get install mysql-server
apt-get install tango-db

does it works on Ubuntu 16.10 ?
1. Installation of mysql-server and mysql-client are already included in the script.
2. A folder is created inside TANGO_INSTALLED_FOLDER/share/tango/db with the related files (image attached). I am a newbie to both tango and to mysql. So, I am not sure if this is okay or am i missing something.
3. Yes it works on Ubuntu 16.10

Will try to run a sample code from the tutorials and see if this has been configured correctly.
Edited 7 years ago
What I wanted to explain is that tango (excepted the java part) is already available on Debian/Ubuntu/Mint… with a simple

apt-get install tango-db tango-starter python-pytango

But maybe you are trying to do something different than installing tango on your system.

Cheers

Frederic
Aren't the available Debian packages for tango 9.2.2 smile? I wanted to try tango 9.2.5 version. So, compiled from source. Please, correct me if I am wrong.
Hi Astroblogweb,

Really great job.
I want you to ask this. In the code you wrote
LIBVALUE=$"/home/$USER/tangocs/tango-$tangoVersion-gcc-$gccVersion-gstabs+/lib"
LIBVALUE="$LIBVALUE:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
echo "export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LIBVALUE" >> ~/.bashrc
What is LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the second row of code?
Edited 7 years ago
another solution in order to test 9.2.5a is to backport the package already available for Ubuntu 17.04

usually the procesdure is as simple as

add the 17.04 deb-src line in /etc/apt/sources.list
then a root

apt-get update
apt-get build-dep tango

as normal user

apt-get source -b tango

then you can install the generated packages

the extra bonus with this method is: packaging take care of the database upgrade during the installation.

Cheers

Register or login to create to post a reply.