error stack with Tango LabView 2012 binding

Hi,
I have a LabView application which communicates with a remote tango device server. In the CPP device server, I use the method is_attr_allowed() to give (or not) access to write attribute.
In case of the method is_attr_allowed() returns FALSE, I want to send a specific error message to the client. By default, the client get the following error stack:

//======== LabView error stack start
API_AttributeFailed
Failed to execute DeviceProxy::write_attributes on device phasicssrv/oasystangophasics/oasys, object(s) SID4_CTL_RemoteControl
DeviceProxy::write_attributes
//======== LabView error stack end

So I need to change the message sent by the tango decive server to the Tango LabView client.
I used the following code :

//===================================START

TangoSys_OMemStream o;

o << "Attribute" << "Attribute" << " not allowed" << ends;
Tango::Except::throw_exception("origin",
"description","raison");

try
{
//…
}
catch (Tango::DevFailed &e)
{
TangoSys_OMemStream o;
o << "Attribute" << "Attribute" << " not allowed" << ends; Tango::Except::re_throw_exception(e,"origin","description","raison");

}

//=================================== END

but the Labview client does not get the good error message . It still have the default error stack illustrated above.

NB: If I use the JIVE interface to write attribute, I have good error message specified in the source code.

Question:
Is there a solution for changing the error stack message received by the LabView application?

Thanks for your replies

Hi,

please use the code tags.

TangoSys_OMemStream o;
o << "Attribute" << "Attribute" << " not allowed" << ends;
Tango::Except::re_throw_exception(e,"origin","description","raison");

You are not doing anything with the stream o here. Maybe you wanted to feed that into one of the arguments of re_throw_exception?
Hi,
Thanks for your reply,
Indeed, the stream o is not not used in this part of code. I don't necessarily need it but it can also be used into one of the arguments of re_throw_exception.
Tango::Except::re_throw_exception(e,"origin",o.str(),"raison");
@xk,
Hum, sounds like a bug in the client part of the binding. It's supposed to propagate the exception as thrown by the server.
I created an issue on the github repo. I'll have a look to the problem ASAP.
Thanks for reporting.
Edited 7 years ago

Register or login to create to post a reply.