Does warnings matter during the installaiton on Ubuntu 20.04?

Hello,

I'm new to Tango with quite limited Linux knowledge. I tried to install Tango on Ubuntu 20.04. Despite encountering some tough issues, it was eventually installed.

While I finally can run Tango, TangoTest, and Jive without error, one thing that concerns me is that I got some warnings during the process of configure or make. The following shows some of them, but there are more warning similar, most of them look with "zmqeventsupplier"

Does anybody happen to know if these warnings matter, and if the installation is successfully?

Thank you for the help.

Environment:
Ubuntu 20.04, Tango: 9.3.6, PC: Laptop/Lenovo, Core i5-4200U, 1.6GHz

Warning:
zmqeventsupplier.cpp:339:36: warning: ‘void zmq::message_t::copy(const zmq::message_t*)’ is deprecated: from 4.3.1, use copy taking non-const reference instead [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
339 | endian_mess_2.copy(&endian_mess);
| ^
In file included from ../../../lib/cpp/client/event.h:41,
from ./tango.h:147,
from zmqeventsupplier.cpp:33:
/usr/include/zmq.hpp:455:10: note: declared here
455 | void copy(message_t const *msg_)
These deprecated warnings are already fixed in cppTango 9.4/9.5 and are not critical.
t-b
These deprecated warnings are already fixed in cppTango 9.4/9.5 and are not critical.

Hi, thank you for the quick help.

Just for further clarification: Do you mean, although these warnings appear, they are not harmful? Are they expected to show with Tango 9.3? I'm using 9.3.6, do you think it is necessary to re-install with 9.4 or 9.5?

Appreciate it.
Yes these warnings are not harmful and are expected to show in 9.3.x.
t-b
Yes these warnings are not harmful and are expected to show in 9.3.x.

Thank you for clarifying my question.

Register or login to create to post a reply.