hdb/tdb archiving with PyTangoArchiving

Hi all,

I'm currently exploring data archiving with Tango and able to archive the data successfully with HDB and TDB (MySQL).

I would like to start/stop archiving of choosen attributes with my TAURUS client, using PyTangoArchiving !

i also asked other question here :
http://www.tango-controls.org/community/forum/c/development/python/hdbtdb-archiving-with-pytango/

I succeed to install packages according the documentaion and i have following errors, in my virtualenv, when execute those 3 scripts:

ArchivingBrowser.py
"
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./PyTangoArchiving-master/build/lib.linux-x86_64-2.7/PyTangoArchiving/widget/ArchivingBrowser.py", line 34, in <module>
from fandango.qt import Qt,Qwt5
ImportError: cannot import name Qwt5
"

archiving_service.py <argin=status>
"
File "./PyTangoArchiving-master/scripts/archiving_service.py", line 12, in <module>
hostname = os.getenv('HOST').split('.')[0]
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'split'
"
snaps.py
"
Creating SnapAPI object …
archiving/snap/snapmanager.1
('ERROR: Unable to set Snapshoting DB host: ', IndexError('Index out of range',))
connecting signals …
connected signals …
File "./PyTangoArchiving-master/PyTangoArchiving/widget/snaps/snaps.py", line 863, in <module>
ui = SnapsTool(sys.argv[-1] if sys.argv[1:] else None)
File "./PyTangoArchiving-master/PyTangoArchiving/widget/snaps/snaps.py", line 850, in SnapsTool
ui.setupUi(Form)
File "./PyTangoArchiving-master/PyTangoArchiving/widget/snaps/snaps.py", line 285, in setupUi
if load: self.initContexts()
File "./PyTangoArchiving-master/PyTangoArchiving/widget/snaps/snaps.py", line 312, in initContexts
ctxs=sorted(contexts.values(), key=lambda s:s.name.lower())
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'contexts' referenced before assignment
"

I precise that :
- in a python console, acces with the reader and the API well ruuning, except the start/stop
- SnapManager/SnapArchiver well running
- taurusgui/taurusdesigner well running

Here is the the result of 'pip list'
"
DEPRECATION: The default format will switch to columns in the future. You can use –format=(legacy|columns) (or define a format=(legacy|columns) in your pip.conf under the
    section) to disable this warning. fandango (13.2.5) MySQL-python (1.2.5) numpy (1.14.1) pip (9.0.1) pytango (9.2.2) PyTangoArchiving (7.8.0) QtPy (1.3.1) setuptools (38.5.1) six (1.11.0) taurus (4.1.1) wheel (0.30.0) Any idea, any help will be appreciated. Thanks JCM
Ok, I see there's a problem with dependencies, I'll try to reproduce it and come back to this post.
Keep on dancing,

http://www.tango-controls.org/resources/howto/how-fandango/
Hi Sergi,

fyi, following are some precisions about different tests i did with 2 virtualenv and the encountered problems ;-

1) virtualenv venva
cd venva

- with pip, installed in order:
PyTangoArchiving
taurus

- 2 symbolic links needed for taurus and my virtualenv:
ln -s /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/PyQt4 ./lib/python2.7/site-packages/
ln -s /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/sip.x86_64-linux-gnu.so ./lib/python2.7/site-packages/

- with pip, installed QtPy (needed for ArchivinBrowser.py)

- results:
(venva) ccthomx@nb-ccthomx:~/test-PyTangoArchiving/venva$ pip list
DEPRECATION: The default format will switch to columns in the future. You can use –format=(legacy|columns) (or define a format=(legacy|columns) in your pip.conf under the
    section) to disable this warning. fandango (13.2.5) MySQL-python (1.2.5) numpy (1.14.1) pip (9.0.1) pytango (9.2.2) PyTangoArchiving (7.5.0) QtPy (1.4.0) setuptools (38.5.2) six (1.11.0) taurus (4.3.0) wheel (0.30.0) You are using pip version 9.0.1, however version 9.0.2 is available. You should consider upgrading via the 'pip install –upgrade pip' command.

- what is ok ?

ArchivingBrowser.py

- what is nok ?

nok1-
no /scripts repertory in my virtualenv ?
so no archving_service.py file ?
is it normal ?

nok2-
error when execution of snaps.py
popup message "could not talk with SnapManager DS. Please chek if DS is running."
(venva) ccthomx@nb-ccthomx:~/test-PyTangoArchiving/venva$ python ./lib/python2.7/site-packages/PyTangoArchiving/widget/snaps/snaps.py
('ERROR: Unable to set Snapshoting DB host: ', IndexError('Index out of range',))
connecting signals …
connected signals …
File "./lib/python2.7/site-packages/PyTangoArchiving/widget/snaps/snaps.py", line 863, in <module>
File "./lib/python2.7/site-packages/PyTangoArchiving/widget/snaps/snaps.py", line 850, in SnapsTool
ui.setupUi(Form)
File "./lib/python2.7/site-packages/PyTangoArchiving/widget/snaps/snaps.py", line 285, in setupUi
File "./lib/python2.7/site-packages/PyTangoArchiving/widget/snaps/snaps.py", line 312, in initContexts

I precise again that SnapManager/SnapArchiver are well intalled and running

nok3-
I already precised that :
- in a python console, acces with the reader and the API well ruuning, except the start/stop

2) virtualen venvi
cd venvi

- with pip, installed in order :
PyTango
MySQL-python
./PyTangoArchiving-master.zip (downloaded before)
taurus
QtPy

- 2 symbolic links needed for taurus and my virtualenv:
ln -s /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/PyQt4 ./lib/python2.7/site-packages/
ln -s /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/sip.x86_64-linux-gnu.so ./lib/python2.7/site-packages/

what is nok ?

nok1-
no /scripts repertory in my virtualenv ?
so no archving_service.py file ?
is it normal ?
but present in the zip, so :
(venvi) ccthomx@nb-ccthomx:~/test-PyTangoArchiving/venvi$ python ../PyTangoArchiving-master/scripts/archiving_service.py status
File "../PyTangoArchiving-master/scripts/archiving_service.py", line 12, in <module>
hostname = os.getenv('HOST').split('.')[0]
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'split'

i tried configuring HOST equals to TANGO_HOST… can you confirme the usage of HOST ?
(venvi) ccthomx@nb-ccthomx:~/test-PyTangoArchiving/venvi$ export HOST=$TANGO_HOST
(venvi) ccthomx@nb-ccthomx:~/test-PyTangoArchiving/venvi$ python ../PyTangoArchiving-master/scripts/archiving_service.py status
Checking the archiving system status …

********************************************************************************

Servers not registered to any server:
—————————————-
ArchivingManager/1 0
HdbArchiver/01 0
HdbExtractor/1 0
TdbArchiver/01 0
TdbExtractor/1 0

nok2-
popup message "could not talk with SnapManager DS. Please chek if DS is running."
(venvi) ccthomx@nb-ccthomx:~/test-PyTangoArchiving/venvi$ python ./lib/python2.7/site-packages/PyTangoArchiving/widget/snaps/snaps.py
connecting signals …
connected signals …
File "./lib/python2.7/site-packages/PyTangoArchiving/widget/snaps/snaps.py", line 863, in <module>
File "./lib/python2.7/site-packages/PyTangoArchiving/widget/snaps/snaps.py", line 850, in SnapsTool
ui.setupUi(Form)
File "./lib/python2.7/site-packages/PyTangoArchiving/widget/snaps/snaps.py", line 285, in setupUi
File "./lib/python2.7/site-packages/PyTangoArchiving/widget/snaps/snaps.py", line 312, in initContexts

nok4-
error executing ArchivingBrowser.py
(venvi) ccthomx@nb-ccthomx:~/test-PyTangoArchiving/venvi$ python ./lib/python2.7/site-packages/PyTangoArchiving/widget/ArchivingBrowser.py
File "./lib/python2.7/site-packages/PyTangoArchiving/widget/ArchivingBrowser.py", line 34, in <module>
from fandango.qt import Qt,Qwt5
ImportError: cannot import name Qwt5

nok3-
I already precised that :

So in summary, here are the common encountered problems, independant of the installation :
nok1-
no /scripts repertory in the virtualenv ?
nok2-
nok3-

Thanks,
JCM
Hi JCM, sorry for the late answer, I'm currently on holidays but next week I'll build new packages and I'll review this issues gain.

Sorry for the delay
Keep on dancing,

Hi Sergi,

do you prefer i create an issue on your GitHub repository ?

Thanks.

Hi JCM,

Sorry for the too-too-late answer, I was on leave for a period much longer than expected.

I've created the issue on github anyway, as these bugs affect all schemas

https://github.com/tango-controls/PyTangoArchiving/issues/11

I'll come back to here when solved,

Sergi

Keep on dancing,

Register or login to create to post a reply.