Device installation with Server Wizard

Hello,

I'm trying to register DS (HdbArchiver) with Jive's Server Wizard, but when I declare device for class, following error shows up:

Desc -> Command QueryWizardDevProperty not found
Reason -> API_CommandNotFound
Origin -> DeviceClass.command_handler
Desc -> Cannot execute command QueryWizardDevProperty on dserver/HdbArchiver/01
Reason -> TangoApi_CANNOT_EXECUTE_COMMAND
Origin -> Connection.command_inout()

DataBaseds and Starter are running in the background. I've also ensured that QueryWizardDevProperty is present in dserver properties.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.
Wiktoria
Edited 6 years ago
Hi Wiktoria,

QueryWizardDevProperty is not a property. It is a command of the admin device.
Can you see this command in the admin device of your HdbArchiver device server?
Maybe your HdbArchiver device server is too old and does not support this command?

Kind regards,
Reynald
Rosenberg's Law: Software is easy to make, except when you want it to do something new.
Corollary: The only software that's worth making is software that does something new.
Hi Reynald,

Thanks for the fast response! I'm not quite sure what do you mean by 'admin device'. Could you clarify this for me?
I've added screenshot of available commands for HdbArchiver in attachment.

Best regards,
Wiktoria
dserver/HdbArchiver/01 is your admin device in your case, the one you used in your screenshot.

As described in the Tango documentation, for instance here:http://tango-controls.readthedocs.io/en/latest/development/advanced/TangoDeviceServerModel.html?highlight=admin
The admin device is a "Special type of Device dedicated to creating and managing the devices, i.e. restart device, kill the device server (the process), creating polling mechanism and so on".

The screenshot you added seems to confirm that your HdbArchiver device server is a device server which is not supporting this feature.
I am not an expert in Java device servers. It might be that the source code of the Java server is too old or that you are using an old version of JTango.jar, JTangoServer.jar?
If you really need this feature, I would suggest to contact the maintainer of the HdbArchiver device server to get some help.

Hoping this helps,
Reynald
Rosenberg's Law: Software is easy to make, except when you want it to do something new.
Corollary: The only software that's worth making is software that does something new.
Actually, HdbArchiver source code comes from TANGO archiving system (release 16.2.4 ) downloaded from Tools. I followed the installation instructions included in that package - I have the ARCHIVING_ROOT environment variable set, database and device servers have been created by executing sql files. Hdb/Tdb Archivers run and show up in Jive/Astor, but I receive a wall of SQL exceptions in the process.

I'll start a new topic concerning this issue, as it's another kind of problem
Edited 6 years ago
Hello.

This is probably a database configuration problem.
If your database is MySQL, you have to allow external connections.
To do so, you have to edit the database configuration file (my.cnf) and :
  • comment the "skip-networking" line
  • add parameter "bind-address = 0.0.0.0"

Regards,

Raphaël GIRARDOT
Rg
Edited 6 years ago

Register or login to create to post a reply.