Absolute archive event for attribute which type is boolean

Hi Tangoers

I have got a question about archive events.

I have got an attribute which is boolean type and I have to archive in the HDBpp only changes of this attribute so I want to use absolute mode.

What value of a absolute_archive_event has to have attribute, which type is boolean ?

Regards
Hi,

For Boolean, State and String attributes (at least), you don't have to configure anything as absolute archive event threshold.
When the value changes, an archive attribute is sent.
Polling should be enabled for this attribute of course, unless you are pushing archive events by code.

Kind regards,
Reynald
Rosenberg's Law: Software is easy to make, except when you want it to do something new.
Corollary: The only software that's worth making is software that does something new.
It works. Thank you!smile
Hello.
I have got one more question.
Is it a full list of attributes which are archived based on change of the value (they need only polling)?

['DevBoolean', 'DevString', 'DevState', 'DevUChar']

The full list of attributes types is below:
["DevBoolean", "DevShort", "DevLong", "DevFloat", "DevDouble", "DevUShort", "DevULong",
"DevString", "DevVarCharArray", "DevVarShortArray", "DevVarLongArray", "DevVarFloatArray",
"DevVarDoubleArray", "DevVarUShortArray", "DevVarULongArray", "DevVarStringArray",
"DevVarLongStringArray", "DevVarDoubleStringArray", "DevState", "ConstDevString",
"DevVarBooleanArray", "DevUChar", "DevLong64", "DevULong64", "DevVarLong64Array",
"DevVarULong64Array", "DevInt", "DevEncoded", "DevEnum", "DevPipeBlob", "DevVarStateArray"]
Hi,

Here is the list of attributes types where you don't need to configure anything as absolute change event and relative change event thresholds:
  • DevBoolean
  • DevString
  • DevState
  • DevEnum

An event is sent as soon as the value changes for these attributes (if polling is enabled or if you push events by code).

DevUChar is not in this list.

Please note that the list you gave is not only the list of Tango attribute types.
For instance, you cannot get an attribute with DevPipeBlob or DevVarLongStringArray type.

Hoping this helps,
Reynald

Rosenberg's Law: Software is easy to make, except when you want it to do something new.
Corollary: The only software that's worth making is software that does something new.

Register or login to create to post a reply.