Access to HDB++

Hi,
i use tango vm9 and i want to access to archived data in HDB++ using client from the local machine.

Regards
Hi,

If you want to start a GUI to display the archived data, you can type:

jhdbviewer &

in a terminal.
Kind regards,
Reynald
Rosenberg's Law: Software is easy to make, except when you want it to do something new.
Corollary: The only software that's worth making is software that does something new.
hi
the goal is to retrieve archived data from another machine. i tried to connect to the MySql database but port 3306 is not allowed from outside of the virtual machine.

Regards
Hi
i think i should grant access to this port. but i think i should be connect as root user

Regards
Hi,

Indeed, you need to grant access (GRANT SELECT should be enough) to the MySQL user of your choice when this user connects from a remote host to hdbpp database.
Please refer to MySQL documentation for the GRANT statement syntax:
https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/grant.html

But the following should be enough:
GRANT SELECT on hdbpp.* to hdbpp@'%' identified by 'hdbpppassword';
On the TangoBox, you can connect as root on MySQL using the following command:
mysql -u root -p
By default, the password is tango on the Tango Box.

jhdbviewer is using the HDB++ java extraction library so you can specify the user and password which will be used by jhdbviewer using environment variables as described in HDB++ java extraction library documentation.

On the TANGO Box VM, these environment variables are defined in /usr/local/bin/jhdbviewer script.
You will need to define HDB_MYSQL_HOST, HDB_USER and HDB_PASSWORD environment variables according to the MySQL grants you configured to be able to use jhdbviewer from another host (you could update jhdbviewer startup script on your remote host).

Hoping this helps,
Reynald
Rosenberg's Law: Software is easy to make, except when you want it to do something new.
Corollary: The only software that's worth making is software that does something new.
Hello Reynald,
thank you for your response. i have grant role to the remote user and it works well. now i can access to the database.
but when i try to start Motor/Sim Device using JIVE, i got this error:

Desc-> Connection to database failed !
org.omg.CORBA.TRANSIENT: Retries exceeded, couldnt' reconnect to 12.0.0.1:2809 vmcid:0x0 minor code: 0 …….
Reason -> TangoAPI_DATABASE_CONNECTION_FAILED
Origin -> cpnnect_to_dbase(tango9-vm,10000)

i suspect the change that i have made in Virtual Box network setup, in fact, by changing the Adapter1 to use the Virtual Box Ethernet Adapter i could connect to database from the host, but can not start JIVE in the BOX (please see the change in the attached file).

So please i need your help, my goal is to have to do a simulation having the devices working in the VM Box, and collecting the archived data by doing Select queries from the host (remote user for example). i think i should use two network adapter but i don't know how.

Regards

Hi,

If I were you, I would not replace the first network adaptor (which was attached to NAT) and I would add another network adapter (Adapter 2) attached to "Host-only adapter" as described on the web page:
http://christophermaier.name/2010/09/01/host-only-networking-with-virtualbox/

Please note that you probably need to shutdown your virtual machine to be able to add another adapter.

I hope this will solve your problem.
Kind regards,
Reynald

Register or login to create to post a reply.