Error message when running the PowerSupply.py device server code

Hello everyone,
I'm trying to start example Device Server with conda environment windows but I gettin an error as below. Where is the problem?

PS C:\Users\a\Documents\aProgramowanie\Anaconda\test> & C:/Users/a/anaconda3/python.exe c:/Users/a/Documents/aProgramowanie/Anaconda/test/PowerSupply.py test
Exiting: Server exited with tango.DevFailed:
DevFailed[
DevError[
desc = Command DbGetClassPipeProperty not found
origin = DeviceClass::command_handler
reason = API_CommandNotFound
severity = ERR]

DevError[
desc = Failed to execute command_inout on device sys/database/2, command DbGetClassPipeProperty
origin = Connection::command_inout()
reason = API_CommandFailed
severity = ERR]

DevError[
desc = Can't get class pipe properties for class PowerSupply
origin = MultiClassPipe::init_class_pipe
reason = API_DatabaseAccess
severity = ERR]
]

Exited
Hi,

I don't know the answer but it sounds like a problem with the Tango database. How did you install the Tango database? Where did you find the conda package so I can try to run it myself.

Andy
Hi Dariusz,

It looks like you're using a too old version of the Tango Database server (Tango 8?) which does not support yet the DbGetClassPipeProperty command.

You need to use a more recent Tango Database server if you want to use Tango 9 device servers which are using the pipe feature.

Kind regards,
Reynald
Rosenberg's Law: Software is easy to make, except when you want it to do something new.
Corollary: The only software that's worth making is software that does something new.
Andy
Hi,

I don't know the answer but it sounds like a problem with the Tango database. How did you install the Tango database? Where did you find the conda package so I can try to run it myself.

Andy

Hello Andy
I was installed pytango from:
conda install -c tango-controls pytango
and tango controls
TangoSetup-8.1.2b_win64
databases was mysql-essential-5.1.30-winx64
Maybe is too Old version?
DariuszIE
TangoSetup-8.1.2b_win64

This is Tango 8 and Tango 8 does not support pipes (a feature which is used by this test PowerSupply device server).
You need at least a Tango 9 Tango Database Device Server to use the pipe feature.

Kind regards,
Reynald
Rosenberg's Law: Software is easy to make, except when you want it to do something new.
Corollary: The only software that's worth making is software that does something new.
yes,
it was problem tango old version

Register or login to create to post a reply.