AcquireWaveformLecroy Tango Cpp Class

Hello everybody.

My TANGO is 100% operational, and i'm now trying to communicate with an Acquire Waveform Lecroy.

I downloaded the package .zip at this adress (on the classes catalog).

My LECROY machine is the TELEDYNE LECROY Wave Runner 610Zi Oscilloscope
If you want to check

Because I'm a beginner at TANGO, i can't figure out how to make everything work together. Can someone give me like "a tutorial" for this application ?
So I would be able to developp everything by myself for another device smile
Did someone already worked with a Lecroy machine ? Let me know !

Thank you so much

Best Regards,

Nicolas
A young padawan
Edited 2 years ago
Hi Nicolas,

The first step will be to compile your device server.
If you're on Windows, there might be some Visual C++ project files provided with the device server.
On linux, there is a Makefile.

I would advise to have a look at the documentation of this device server.
There seems to be a .doc document: https://sourceforge.net/p/tango-ds/code/HEAD/tree/DeviceClasses/MeasureInstruments/Lecroy/AcquireWaveformLecroy/trunk/doc/DeviceServerUsersGuide_en.doc

Then, to start and configure the device server, you can use jive and the procedure explained here: https://tango-controls.readthedocs.io/en/latest/tutorials-and-howtos/how-tos/how-to-start-device-server.html

Once you have declared/configured and started your device server, you can right-click on the device name node on jive and select " Monitor device" or "Test Device" to start some generic clients.

In case of difficulties, you can contact the contact person listed for this device server on the classes catalog, or try to get some help on this forum.

Cheers,
Reynald
Rosenberg's Law: Software is easy to make, except when you want it to do something new.
Corollary: The only software that's worth making is software that does something new.
Hello again Reynald.

Thank you for your time.
I'm facing new problems now.
Let me explain.

First of all, I don't know what to compile in the folder right now. I'm trying to fix and understand this, but it didn't seems to be that complicated.

Then, I took a look on the documentation you send me, which was really instructive.

But when i'm following the tutorial about creating and configuring a JIVE DServer, I ended up with this error :

DESC -> dserver/TangoTest/Scope Not Exported !
Reason -> Tango_api_DEVICE_NOT_EXPORTED
Origin -> Connection (dserver/TangoTest/Scope)
Desc -> Cannot import dserver/Tangotest/Scope
Resaon -> Tango_api_CANNOT_IMPORT_DEVICE
Origin -> Connection_build_connection (dserver/TangoTest/Scope)

So next windows shows "Sorry but server has no class" so there is nothing to select… :'(

Do you know what to do ? I'm going to send a message to the author meanwhile.

Gratfully

Nicolas
A young padawan
Nico
First of all, I don't know what to compile in the folder right now. I'm trying to fix and understand this, but it didn't seems to be that complicated.

You need to be able to compile the device server to go further.
You need to have the device server running at some point (this why you get the errors in jive afterwards because you didn't start the device server when jive was asking you to start it). At some point, jive asks to start up the device server and you could not do that step because you didn't manage to compile it, so you could not run it.)
The device server must be started at some point when indicated so jive can infer what are the classes and properties supported by this device server.

Nico
Do you know what to do ? I'm going to send a message to the author meanwhile.

You need to figure out how to compile the device server.
I guess you want to compile and run it on Windows?
This looks like an old device server with some code generated by a very old version of Pogo (the Tango code generator) and probably for an old version of Visual C++ too.
Let's see whether the author can guide you for the compilation steps.

Kind regards,
Reynald
Rosenberg's Law: Software is easy to make, except when you want it to do something new.
Corollary: The only software that's worth making is software that does something new.

Register or login to create to post a reply.