Modbus+Tango+Taurus

Your server is badly configured. You have created a server "test/modbus".
You have to create a server with the following syntax: "executable_name/instance". eg Modbus/test and then you can launch the process from the command line.
Modbus.exe test
Jean-Luc
Your server is badly configured. You have created a server "test/modbus".
You have to create a server with the following syntax: "executable_name/instance". eg Modbus/test and then you can launch the process from the command line.
Modbus.exe test
yes, I made it correctly, of course I got problems with serialport address, but it's a big progress for me, thank you!
O, I had rebooted PC and now it works!
Great :)
Did you manage to make the modbus work also ?
no, Modbus doesn't work, I'm searching where I made a mistake
Ok, What happens if you try to execute a ReadHoldingRegister command with 0,1 as input argument using Jive (right click on the modbus device node)->Test Device ?
well, I rebooted my PC again and now everything works smile
Tango is a very funny system, all problems are solved by rebooting
Edited 4 years ago
So, Taurus tells me, I haven't module "guiqwt", could I create newgui with that error or no?
(as I understand, that error appears because I had installed Taurus on Python3)
danyan90
So, Taurus tells me, I haven't module "guiqwt", could I create newgui with that error or no?

Yes. guiqwt is an optional dependency which is only required if you want to use widgets from the taurus.qt.qtgui.extra_guiqwt submodule.

danyan90
(as I understand, that error appears because I had installed Taurus on Python3)

Actually, guiqwt can be installed in py3. In conda, just do `conda install guiqwt`

Do not mistake it with "PyQwt5" which is not related. PyQwt5 is only supported in py and qt4 environments and is necessary only for the taurus.qt.qtgui.plot and taurus.qt.qtgui.qwt5 submodules which are now deprecated in favour of the taurus.qt.qtgui.tpg module provided by the taurus_pyqtgraph plugin

Finally, one suggestion: for taurus-specific questions, you will probably get more specialized support by opening an issue in https://github.com/taurus-org/taurus/issues

Register or login to create to post a reply.