TangoTest problem

Hello everyone! After solving my Problems with installing JAVA-tools I tried to Tango test, but it returns error. Could you please explain for dummies what should I do?
Hi,

On your screenshot, sys/tg_test/1 Tango device is marked as exported but it cannot be contacted.
Several possible reasons:
  • TangoTest/test instance crashed. Please check that there is a TangoTest/test process running on 172.16.248.135 with PID 9832.
  • If not, restart the device server.
  • Your client application cannot access the host and port where your TangoTest instance is running 172.16.248.135:40287 (Network/ firewall issue)

Hoping this helps,
Reynald
Rosenberg's Law: Software is easy to make, except when you want it to do something new.
Corollary: The only software that's worth making is software that does something new.
Reynald
Hi,

On your screenshot, sys/tg_test/1 Tango device is marked as exported but it cannot be contacted.
Several possible reasons:
  • TangoTest/test instance crashed. Please check that there is a TangoTest/test process running on 172.16.248.135 with PID 9832.
  • If not, restart the device server.
  • Your client application cannot access the host and port where your TangoTest instance is running 172.16.248.135:40287 (Network/ firewall issue)

Hoping this helps,
Reynald

Could you please explain in more detail? Where can I check that there is a TangoTest/test process running on 172.16.248.135 with PID 9832? And how should I change my settings if there are some network/firewall settings? thank you in advance!
On your screenshot, jive is reporting that TangoTest/test device server process was running on a computer having IP address 172.16.248.135 and with the PID (Process ID) 9832.
So you just need to log on computer having IP address 172.16.248.135 and see whether there is a process running with this PID 9832.

1. Do you know the computer having this IP address 172.16.248.135. This should be the computer on which you started TangoTest device server
  2. Is this computer a Linux computer or Windows computer?

On Linux, you can use the following command to check whether there is a process running with PID 9832:
ps -ef | grep 9832 | grep -v grep

On Windows, you can use the task manager, select the "Processes" tab and add PID (Process Identifier) column from the "View->Select columns…" menu and check whether there is a process with PID 9832.

Good luck!smile
Rosenberg's Law: Software is easy to make, except when you want it to do something new.
Corollary: The only software that's worth making is software that does something new.

Register or login to create to post a reply.