Starter blocked on Windows 10

Hello,

I'm currently working on a Tango installer, coded in NSIS.
The aim of this installer is to install on an empty PC (Windows) the Tango environment and some CSCIs.

And I have a problem when I want to install it on Windows 10 (Home and Pro).

(I noticed that all is working correctly on Windows 7, so I think the problem is the Windows version).

The installation of Tango is working and the installation of the CSCIs is working too.

When I start manually the starters in the command line, it doesn't work, ie. the state of the CSCIs is blocked.

We identified the source of the problem : in the command lines of the CSCIs, we use an -ORBendPoint option, and this option avoid the starters to work fine just on Windows 10.
When I don't use this option, all is working.

So, do you know this problem and do you have an idea to resolve it ?

Attachment : screenshot of Astor.

Thank you,

Antoine.
Hi Antoine,

Do you know/remember why you were starting the Starter with the -ORBendPoint option in your configuration?
Was it because you have a firewall in your network and you need to ensure your device server/CORBA is using some specific ports?
If not, you don't need to use this option for the Starter device server.

Maybe the port you are specifying in the -ORBendPoint option is already used by something else on your Windows 10 host?

In our control system, we are using this -ORBendPoint option only for the Tango Database server to ensure it is listening on a specific port which will correspond to the TANGO_HOST port number. The other device servers (including the Starter) are not started with this option.

Kind regards,
Reynald
Rosenberg's Law: Software is easy to make, except when you want it to do something new.
Corollary: The only software that's worth making is software that does something new.
Thank you for your answer !

Reynald
Do you know/remember why you were starting the Starter with the -ORBendPoint option in your configuration?

We are using this option for the device Lima because it is on another network, and we are specifying an IP in this option, not a port.

Regards,

Antoine.
Hello,

In fact, when there is any option in the command line, it doesn't work.

So we think there is a problem during the process reading, because I tested to replace the -ORBendPoint with a -v, and it doesn't work.

Do you have an idea about that ?

Thank you very much,

Antoine.
What version of Tango and Starter are you using?
Do you have the same problem with other device servers?
Rosenberg's Law: Software is easy to make, except when you want it to do something new.
Corollary: The only software that's worth making is software that does something new.
I am using Tango 8.1.2 and the starter of this version of Tango.

I have the same problem with all of my device server, if there is an option in the command line, it doesn't work anymore.
Hello,

I come back to know if you have an idea about this subject because I still have the same problem.

Thank you very much,

Antoine.

Register or login to create to post a reply.