New forum appearance

Hi,
I noticed on the forum today that the frame "Recent activities in the forums" appears on the right over the topics.
See the snapshot:
- Philippe
Hi,

I see this only for the general installation forum.
http://www.tango-controls.org/community/forum/c/general/installation/

The others seem to be OK.
Rosenberg's Law: Software is easy to make, except when you want it to do something new.
Corollary: The only software that's worth making is software that does something new.
Perhaps due to some topic length issue?
- Philippe
philippeg
Perhaps due to some topic length issue?

Yes, indeed. this seems to be linked to the topic length.
If you click on the second page for the same section of the forum: no pb on that page because the topics names are shorter:
http://www.tango-controls.org/community/forum/c/general/installation/?page=2
Rosenberg's Law: Software is easy to make, except when you want it to do something new.
Corollary: The only software that's worth making is software that does something new.
Anyone finding issues on searching old forum posts through keywords?
I tried and not getting desired results. Basically, it returns zero results.
Screenshot attached to this post.
Indeed, I get the same behaviour as you.
A search for Tango returns no result… And it is in French.
It looks like there was a recent update of the forum…?
After my last post, a search for Tango returns 1 result: my previous post (and probably this one too now!)
It looks like some internal DB did not get restored during the last forum update?
Hi there,
same here, I did not find a result which has some answers.
Perhaps some indexation has been forgotten?
- Philippe

Register or login to create to post a reply.