HDB++ installation

Hi Anshul,
the latest version you can download from trunk:
https://sourceforge.net/p/tango-cs/code/HEAD/tree/archiving/hdb++/
Lonrezo
Hi Anshul, in your answer, it is not clear to me what you want to do.
It looks like you want to use the latest version of the HDB++ Configuration Manager and HDB++ Event Subscriber device servers with the latest stable release of the Configuration GUI (that you can download on the link I provided before).
As I wrote before, the latest stable release of the configuration GUI (hdb_configurator-1.5a.jar is actually the latest stable release of this GUI) is not compatible with the latest version of the HDB++ device servers!

As Lorenzo replied, the latest versions of the device servers can be compiled from SVN. This is what you did I suppose. So this is the only way for the moment to get the latest versions of the device servers.
If you are expecting stable versions. As I wrote before, I consider this corresponds to the tag named Release_07 for the libhdb++ and libhdb++mysql libraries and hdb++es and hdb++cm device servers but I might be wrong (Graziano, please correct me if you read this and if I'm wrong).

If you are expecting newer versions of the Ubuntu or Debian HDB++ packages like on the following page:
http://www.tango-controls.org/community/project-docs/hdbplusplus/hdbplusplus-downloads, I guess Lorenzo and his team from Elettra might help you.

Kind regards,
Reynald
Rosenberg's Law: Software is easy to make, except when you want it to do something new.
Corollary: The only software that's worth making is software that does something new.
Hi,
I think that if you accept to have the last version in development of the Configurator GUI, missing documentation on the Context/Strategy usage,
then a good choice should be the trunk version of libhdb++ and libhdb++mysql libraries and hdb++es and hdb++cm device servers that should be stable and soon become the release_09.
Otherwise release_07 + hdb_configurator-1.5a.jar as Reynald said.

Graziano
Hello Reyanld/Graziano

I tried using the Tag_release_07 version for device servers and the libhdb++ and libhdb++ libraries with
jhdbcpp-2.4a.jar and hdb_configurator-1.3a.jar.
I am facing the same error mentioned in above post.

Thanks and Regards
TCS-GMRT TEAM
Regards,
TCS_GMRT
Hi,

hdb_configurator-1.5a.jar is replacing what was doing jhdbcpp-2.4a.jar before… It was renamed.
So I think you should not have jhdbcpp-2.4a.jar in your CLASSPATH when starting the Configurator GUI.

How do you start the GUI?
Do you have a startup script?
If you have an old one, you should update this startup script and replace the reference to jhdbcpp.jar with hdb_configurator-1.5a.jar.
If this is the case and if you are still having issues, can you please send it to me via e-mail?

Cheers,
Reynald
Rosenberg's Law: Software is easy to make, except when you want it to do something new.
Corollary: The only software that's worth making is software that does something new.

Register or login to create to post a reply.