Because it is easy to use, flexible, and highly scalable,
mature, is widely used, well tested, and open source
has a complete set of features for control,
with generic tools for monitoring
and managing large systems
In addition TANGO Controls :
- is a free and open source software toolkit for building control systems.
- embodies 15 years of experience with more than 100+ man year of development.
- comes with a lot of extra tools and services
- is easy to use TANGO without any software development
- a TANGO based system and architecture adapts to many topologies
- provides a well designed, rich API which is stable since 10 years
- support for building custom TANGO user interfaces using one of the available GUI toolkits: Taurus, QTango or ATK.
- is highly scalable which runs on small embedded platforms as well as on large distributed instruments.
- device i.e. object oriented control for maximum flexibility, scalability and customizability.
- hundreds of device classes in the repository.
- a growing community including large research infrastructures and service provider companies.
- industrial support in form of training, development, packaging, guarantees, consultancy and hardware.