How to subscribe PyTango Interface_change_event ?

Hello All,

can you please explain how to subscribe Interface_change_event which is emitted by tango after dynamic attribute addition to server. Is this event emit by server of some other tango module like tango admin.Interface_change_event event is only available in tango api not in PyTango api.

PyTango 9.2.2 Provide below API to create deviceProxy and other functionality:
PyTango.__version__ –> '8.1.8'
tango.Release.version –> '9.2.2'

what is difference between PyTango and tango api ?

Thanks,
Hitesh Patel

Regards,
TCS_GMRT
Hi Hitesh,

You can look at the related example provided at the following link:
https://github.com/tango-controls/pytango/tree/develop/examples/interfacechangeEvents

Regards,
Vatsal Trivedi
Hi Vatsal,

I have tried that example but it's through DevFailed exception with following description.

PyTango.DevFailed: DevFailed[
DevError[
desc = Device mnc/lmc/gsb does not support device interface change event
Available since Tango release 9 AND for device inheriting from IDL release 5 (Device_5Impl)
origin = DeviceProxy::subscribe_event()
reason = API_NotSupportedFeature
severity = ERR]
]

we are using tango 9.2.2.

Thanks,
Hitesh Patel
Regards,
TCS_GMRT
Edited 6 years ago
Hi Hitesh,

Please let me know whether you are able to import tango in your Python code or not. I've tested the code at my system and it works perfectly fine.

I'm not a TANGO expert, but I think the statement import tango allows you to use the TANGO C++ apis. For further analysis, provide your sample client code in which you subscribe to the interface change event.

Regards,
Apurva Patkar
Hi Apurva,

I have used same example for client available at github and also able to import tango in my python code.
Please go through the attached code and let me know if any thing is missing.
Regards,
TCS_GMRT

Register or login to create to post a reply.