HDB++ schema

Hello!
I want to use HDB++ with tango 8.

But after i checked out repository i have faced some problems.
I have a few questions:
0)Is it a valid repository?
https://sourceforge.net/p/tango-cs/code/HEAD/tree/archiving/hdb++/

1)There is a new version of create_hdb++_mysql.sql with att_error_desc table separated. But hdb++ extraction libraries (java and c++) doesn't support this schema. Is is planned to update source code to comply with schema?

2)Is it planned to keep this schema in next release?

3)Another problem is that c++ library doesn't work with all types (short, float). Will these types be supported?
Hello!

Alexs
0)Is it a valid repository?
https://sourceforge.net/p/tango-cs/code/HEAD/tree/archiving/hdb++/

Yes it is… This will be moved to GitHub soon.

Alexs
1)There is a new version of create_hdb++_mysql.sql with att_error_desc table separated. But hdb++ extraction libraries (java and c++) doesn't support this schema. Is is planned to update source code to comply with schema?

Yes, it is planned to update the source code to comply with this new schema.

Alexs
2)Is it planned to keep this schema in next release?

I think so, unless big issues are discovered with this new schema.

Alexs
3)Another problem is that c++ library doesn't work with all types (short, float). Will these types be supported?

I guess you are talking about the C++ extraction library here?
Maybe Giacomo could comment on this?

Cheers,
Reynald
Rosenberg's Law: Software is easy to make, except when you want it to do something new.
Corollary: The only software that's worth making is software that does something new.
Thank for your answer!

When a move to GitHub is expected?

We are interested in development of HDB++ and want to contribute to a project.
For now, I could provide a simple patch for java extraction library that comply with a new schema.
Best regards,
Alexander
Hi Alex,

thanks for your patch and proposal to help. I vote for moving HDB++ to github too! It would be great if it could happen soon. I am sure it will happen before the next meeting …

Cheers

Andy
Hello.

There is a patch in attachments. It allows to extract data from new mysql_hdb++ schema.
No performance tests were done.
Best regards,
Alexander
Hello,
Patch integrated and committed to SVN.
HDB++ 1.10 available from ftp://ftp.esrf.eu/pub/cs/tango/hdbviewer/HDB++-1.10.jar

Register or login to create to post a reply.