This workshop will give a general overview of the TANGO control system framework and its different aspects including latest developments.
The following general topics will be covered:
- General overview of Tango concepts
- Latest developments
- New features in tools
- PyTango and ITango
- RestApi & Cloud
The TANGO virtual machine will be used to demonstrate the following:
- Designing a simple TANGO device server, developing the code, debugging and deploying it
- Configuring properties, attribute properties, events, polling, archiving
- Accessing it from generic clients.ATK, JDraw, Taurus, ITango, RestApi
The detailed workshop program is online at this Indico site: https://indico.esrf.fr/indico/event/10/
Participants will receive instructions on how to install the TANGO Virtual Machine on their own laptop so they can follow the practical examples during the workshop. Due to the full programme only limited help can be provided during the workshop breaks. Participants are encouraged to install Tango and ask for help before the workshop and/or pair up with someone who has.
To register please refer to the ICALEPCS Workshop site.
The next general assembly of the TANGO community will take place from the 6th of June 2017 2 PM to, 8th of June 2017 5:00 PM at Firenze (Italy) organized by the Arcetri Astrophysical Observatory , a member of INAF (National Institute for AstroPhysics)
You can find detailed information on Venue, Registration and Abstract submission here
The draft summary agenda is:
- 6th June 2017
- 9:00 to 12:30 Tango steering committee meeting (restricted session)
- 13:30 to 17:00 Tango Community meeting Plenary session 1
- 7th of June
- 9:00 to 12:30 Tango Community meeting Plenary session 2
- 13:30 to 17:00 Tango Community meeting Plenary session 3
- 8th of June
- 9:00 to 12:30 Tango Community meeting Plenary session 4
- 13:30 to 17:00 Closing session and Visit of the Arcetri Astrophysical Observatory
- 6th June 2017
Dear Tango Users,
I am pleased to announce first Tango Users Meeting in Russia.
The goal of this meeting is to gather Tango Users in Russia, share projects, experience and prepare a wish-list for the next Tango version. The results of this meeting will be presented on 31th Tango Users Meeting in Firenze.
The meeting will take place in Moscow on May, 18th 10-17:00.
The meeting will take place at:
Nastavnicheskiy per., 17, str. 1
Feel free to join: http://doodle.com/poll/rmyvu2dcbw5b5c9w
Here is a draft of the timetable (will be updated once new talks are submitted):
The meeting is over. It was attended by 50 people. Most of them can be see in the traditional group photo.