TANGO is the collaborative effort of many. It is an open source project so the source code can be downloaded and fixed by anybody. Please feel free to do so and send us back your improvements and bug fixes. We will try our best to integrate them. A number of sites are strongly committed to the development of TANGO and have signed an MOU to this effect:
Rules governing the collaboration are defined in the Tango Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed by the participating institutes.
According to this MoU, the Tango executive committee members are (with the weight given to each institute):
- Alba: Commiter (2) - David Fernandez
- Anka: Collaborator (1) - Wofgang Mexner
- Desy: Collaborator (1) - Thorsten Kracht
- Elettra: Committer (2) - Claudio Scafuri
- Esrf: Committer (2) - Andy Götz
- FRM II: Collaborator (1) - Jens Kruger
- MAX-IV: Collaborator (1) - Darren Spruce
- Solaris: Collaborator (1) - Piotr Goryl
- Soleil: Committer (2) - Alain Buteau
The Tango Collaboration Coordinator is Emmanuel Taurel from ESRF
You should also have a look at the list of projects and the projects leader.
The Tango mailing list is a moderated traffic mailing list which keeps you informed of all that's happening around the Tango project. Note you have to be subscribed to the mailing list in order to post to it (beware spammers!).
- You can subscribe or unsubscribe to this mailing list
- It is also possible to view mailing list archive
A certain numbers of industrial companies provide services or support around TANGO
A new logo for the Tango community
In April/May 2013, the Tango community decided to change its logo. Therefore, a call for logos has been sent to the community members. All the proposed logos are available on this page. The final choice was made in our Tango meeting during late spring 2013 at Alba (Spain / Barcelona). As you probably notice, proposal 9 was the chosen one.